Re: Touching the ground

To: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Touching the ground
From: "Louise Ann Noeth" <Louise.AnnNoeth@west.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 17:21:43 +0000
Malcolm is correct about the nose down force thrusters as a concept
only. The system was never placed into active status, that is to say
the explosive charges which would have drilled the nose into the
ground had the front end started to lift, were never installed.

Somewhere I recall reading in the FIA rules, when we were preparing
for the WLSR attempt, that the vehicles must remain in contact with
the ground at least 51% of the time in the mile.  This is fuzzy, but
there are provisions for uneven surface, wheel-hop (how exciting) and
such. I just can't recall preciselt where this info is listed.

There again, the info may be incomplete.

Louise
Speedy Regards,

Louise
Louise Ann Noeth