Re: Dry sump

To: Chris R Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: Dry sump
From: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 20:49:27 -0600
Hi Chris,,,,,The venting of a crankcase is only required when you've got
blow by, right, the way is to not have blow-by, how do you do this? By
carefull assembly and using "Gapless Rings".I presume you know Total
Seal?
    A.P.E.P
    2/5 Sherwood Court
    Wantirna South
    3152
    Melbourne
    South Australia  (Closest to you, I think)

Personally I don't assemble ANYTHING with out them.The idea of a vacuum
in the crankcase is a HP gain too.The pistons don't have to move the air
behind them and the oil wont froth either, 'cos theres no air to make
foam. Good, eh? Got to do this if your racing. You need a good
manufacturer too for the tank, must be boo coo's of outlets in Aussie
mate.
My personal preference in the USA is JEGS, they are on the net but I
don't have the address here at the mo'.
...G'day mate........DK.
  (Scrap-Iron Racin')