Re: honeycomb

To: Joe Ready <joespeedy@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: honeycomb
From: Finishline Coatings <lona@finishlinecoatings.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 19:40:25 -0800
joe, here is my two bits worth.
alumn. honeycomb was used in the late 60's early 70's for firewalls on some
funny cars.
i'm not sure why
they quit because it was so strong and light but i think nhra banned it because
of the
fire hazered. its
glued together, you can cut it with a sharp insterment. that lets fire through.
also its
made like a card-
bord box. bolting a engine and trans. to it would not be good. if you bolt a
20lb block of
steel inside of
the cardbord box and start rolling the box end over end what happens to the
block of
steel? it comes
lose . if that block of steel is a 500lb moter it might be seting in your lap.
not good.
if i were you i would
use tubing like most everyone else. and if you were me you would use a GMC
moter ha ha.
its time to quite now as this is the first e-mail ive done , my one finger is
gitting
tired!
Russ XO MR the garbage truck moter man.