Dampner?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dampner?
From: "Bill Bennett" <benettw@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:29:17 -0500
I agree with running a dampner. What little if any loss in power would
be saved in less parts damage. But my question is what do you do in a
case like mine? I am building a 2.8 L 60 degree V6 and there is no
aftermarket source for a dampner other than the OEM. I am not so sure
if the factory dampner would hold up very well past 6grand. I am not
too keen on using the factory one and hoping it stays together. Their
will be too many other custom engine parts to worry about destroying
if the dampner comes apart at 7 grand.

BillB