Re: Spark Plug demolished=Dynamite fuel?

To: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@amoproductions.com>
Subject: Re: Spark Plug demolished=Dynamite fuel?
From: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 09:30:11 -0600
Okey dokey, here's the deal Sparky........
  The over revving probably not a factor in the damage to the plug,
Joe,.......but.....the ceramic is the reason why the gap closed up, that
shattered due to detonation, which it's self is caused be many
variables.
The ceramic, after it was dynamited off the electrode was flung around
by the piston and bead blasted the chamber.Only other failure I've seen
on plugs was due to ingesting something like a carb' part or a screw
etc.......and, also a ceramic nose that acted like a shield, 'cos it
broke deep at the root and when I took it out to look at it, the ceramic
slid back down and the plug looked normal, but installed, it slid back
up (down?) and covered the spark gap and caused a dead miss!
Duhhhh................Ask me how many times I took that plug