Re: Oiling problems

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Re: Oiling problems
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 08:46:44 -0400
Keith

We have run a wet sump system, for eleven years, in several different
vehicles, with both SB & BB Chevy engines, with no problems. A full length
Comp Eliminator type pan, and lately run with the new Mellings competition
oil pump. And a full length windage tray

We run eight quarts of oil with the filter. My guess is that it would take
12 plus quarts to fill it to the dip stick (witch we don't run anyway, don't
want it wrapped around the crank).

I know this style pan won't fit your chassis, but a lot of drag racers notch
the cross member to fit a pan like this to a car like yours.

Dry sump oiling is certainly a good way to go, but wet sump works too.

John Beckett, LSR #79