Re: Oiling problems SUCK!!!!!!

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Oiling problems SUCK!!!!!!
From: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 09:37:38 -0500
Now remember what I said about a evacuated crankcase????
If you vacuum  the case, OIL CAN'T FOAM.
Mind you there could also be a problem with the oil pick-up being small
or not flowing properly, but that seems remote. Not knowing what motor
you are running I can't offer much help, but do you have a restictor in
the block galley to the heads? Does the pressure return to normal at
idle again? Wet  or dry sump?
Anyways,Keith....... A lot of German engines I've built that turn 8 thou
rpm do the same and need restrictors/thin oil/modified pressure
dump/etc.........The problem that also comes to mins is CAVITATION.
Quite a common phenomena in hi-rpm motors.