Another Tire Rules Question

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Another Tire Rules Question
From: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 20:51:05
The rule book is pretty specific about what tires are acceptable for use at
any of the venues. I was wondering about the part of the rule that says
"Exceptions to any part of the foregoing may be granted in he form of a
letter from the manufacturer stating the speed and pressure at which a tire
may be run."

What would constitute satisfactory information for the tech inspectors to
grant the use of a tire? Simply speed and pressure? Or does distance figure
in somewhere?  Would the letter or data have to come in the form of a legal
document? Or a fax?

I am sure that the issue has been raised and solved many times, I am just
ignorant of the info. Any tech inspector want to clue me in?

Rather than clog the list, e-mail me off line?

mayf

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
ph: 1-256-837-1051

http://home.hiwaay.net/~lemayf

lemay@hiwaay.net

Sunbeam Tiger, B9471136
Sunbeam Alpine Bonneville Land Speed Racer,
'66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)