Oil Pan

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Pan
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 06:12:22 -0700 (PDT)
Keith, just because it worked before, don't
assume it was working as well as it could have.
While you have the pan off, measure it and mark
the point where the crank swings through it, then
mark how high you will allow your oil to go.
Then, with the pan on the work bench, add oil
until it reaches the level you have selected.
Write down how many quarts it took, pull out the
dip stick and the dip stick tube, and get rid of
them.  You really don't need them in a motor
that's run only a couple minutes at a time.  If
you start to lose a quart of oil in two or three
minutes, you'll know it without having to pull a
dip stick!  Plug the dip stick hole, and just
fill the motor with your pre-determined amount of
oil before you race.  When you're done racing,
drain the oil and replace it.  I had a dip stick
get wrapped around a crank and torn into shrapnel
once - not a pretty sight.

Dick J

=====
......(In East Texas)........