RACERS ARE NICE PEOPLE

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: RACERS ARE NICE PEOPLE
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 09:39:32 -0700 (PDT)
I LOOKED AT MY FILE COPY AND DIDN'T REALIZE THIS
MESSAGE HADN'T BEEN POSTED TO THE LIST.  I'M
TAKING THE LIBERTY OF RE-SENDING IT FOR ALL TO
APPRECIATE.  IT WAS FORWARDED TO ME BY WES
POTTER.  I THINK THIS IS A MOVING STORY AND MAKES
ME PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN AND PART OF THIS
GEAR-HEAD FRATERNITY!

Thought you both would get a kick out of what
happened this
weekend.....
There was a reunion of the living survivors of
the Jimmy
Dolittle 1942 raid
on Tokyo at the Air Museum at Hill Field last
Saturday.  At
the dinner that
evening, Jeff Holm of High Performance Coatings
ended up
talking to one of
the survivors who had been captured by the
Japanese and had
spent the war in
a prison camp with three other crew members.  Not
knowing
who Jeff was, he
told him that they had spent the time talking
about what
they were going to
do when they got home after the war.  One thing
they had
all wanted to do
was go to the Indy 500 race ... and they had
never done it.
Jeff said "How
would you like to go this year and sit in the
Pennzoil VIP
box?"    The
gentleman, a Mr. Bob Hite, allowed as how he
would love it
probably still
thinking it was pie in the sky.  Jeff said
"You're on ...
I'll make
arrangements for you and any of the other three
who would
like to go to be
there this May."  He called this morning and set
it up.
Said it was the
least he could do for heroes like that.  Of
course HPC
coatings have been on
the winning car for the last 16 years and Jeff is
really
well thought of by
the Indy Car crowd.
Nice people these hot rodders!