New Dyno and Oil Fix

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Dyno and Oil Fix
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 19:52:32 -0500
Well it seems like the List is awefully quiet... Guess I'll tell you bout
the New Chassis Dyno in Town... seems the guys get $100 bucks an hour....
Kinda neat place to run a New Motor in.... and hopefully not Break it!!!!

Snatched the C Motor today and pulled the Pan.... Checked out all the Rod
Bearings to ensure there wasn't a Problem from the decreased Oil Pressure...
also took the opportunity to check the oil level in the pan... According to
Milodon the Oil is supposed to be Just Below the Baffle.... well that puts
it at a 6 qt pan.... and with the added 2 quarts that we had in last time it
was about 1" above the baffle... bout  no doubt in my mind that the air got
into the oil there and simply couldnt' get out of it at 6000 Rpm...  Tryed
to stuff in John's new Oil Pump but that didn't work out ... the Pick up
simply isn't in the right location for this Pan... or the other one for that
matter.... Oh well nice try this Melling HP pump really looks like the right
set up.... Bolt on Pick up and Taller Gears.... Nice deal... thanks for the
numbers John.... oh and thanks to Doug Odom and Dave Dalgren for helping me
with the Problem....

Keith ( one tired Puppy )