Re: Lincoln 4.6 Mark VIII/Ardun Descendent?

To: ardunbill@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Lincoln 4.6 Mark VIII/Ardun Descendent?
From: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@amoproductions.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 11:14:55 -0600
ardunbill & List,

Those Lincoln's use the same motor that comes in the mustangs, a 4.6 DOHC
motor. With the difference being in the intake. They are a smooth running
and quite compact motor in them. And let me say that in my mustang I do have

the 4.6 and I have been using a 150 hp nitrous setup in it for awhile now
and it works flawlessly. Setup time was about an hour, I now am using the
rear defrost switch to arm the system and a activation button in the ash
tray area. I have run it at the dragstrip about 25 times, endless ass
kickings on the street (to my rival camaros), and my wife's joy riding, with

45K on the odometer and still the same platinum plugs from day one with NO
signs of anything but one kick ass running motor.  One huge thing to
consider on the Nitrous kit you use is the wet or dry system. The stock
manifolds are a composite plastic and are designed for air flow and not
liquid so I have my doubts on the system, the dry system with these
manifolds seem to work the best. But with either system one backfire would
shred your manifold into a zillion pieces. One other thing to consider is a
supercharger that replaces your manifold seems to be the best option. The
best results I have seen on the 4.6 is a supercharger, wet nitrous kits, and

underdrive pulleys the results are breathtaking.
I found a 98 4.6 DOHC motor in the junk yard for about $1000 and that would
also come with the PCM. That is really a good deal, since it came out of a
cobra mustang with only 3K on the motor. These motors like to breath,
supercharges, blowers and nitrous is the only way to go on these motors and
theres getting to be so many bolt on parts that you could build yourself and

damn nice LSR car with one and go very fast........ "hey honey do you think
I could I could......"     Well I guess I better leave it up to you
guys......

Jonathan Amo
http://www.amoproductions.com/268