Re: cylinder heads

To: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cylinder heads
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 10:44:02 -0700 (PDT)
Gee John, if I were you, I'd start some serious
net browsing somwhere like
http://www.dominicbolton.freeuk.com/mainmits.html

E-Mail everybody that has anything to do with
Mitsis, and check out every web site.  When I was
racing the Geo I found that there were a whole
generation of cars built by Isuzu for Australia
that had stuff the rest of the world never saw.
And all of it bolted on a Geo! I even learned
that a 275 hp GM Quad-Four was a direct drop-in
for a Geo Storm.  Whoda' ever thunk that!  DOHCs,
Intercooler Turbos, etc.  If you get into every
"rice burner" website you can find, you'll find
somebody has already been there and done that.
It will save you a lot of trial and error.  I
mean, we got people doing things like running one
head from a Ford Y-block V-8 on a 1927 Plymouth
four (???) or something like that.  Searching
thoroughly on the web will uncover every
possibility known to man for your particular
setup.

Good luck
Dick J

--- john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu> wrote:

> >Howdy,
> >         This may seem like a strange request,
> but can someone tell me
> > what engines (4 cylinder 1.5-2.2 liter) have
> dual overhead cams? reason
> > I'm asking, is I'm pretty much topped out on
> flow with the dodge colt
> > head single cam Mitsubishi K 1.6 liter, and
> if I could find out what
> > engines are out there, my auto parts guy will
> get the various head
> > gaskets, and we can match cylinder bore
> spacing and see if a dual o'head
> > cam head will fit my block, which I finally
> have made as bullet proof as
> > possible....
>

>               John Robinson, Mechanician
>    Mechanical Engineering University of