TRAGIC LOSS TO THE AMERICAN RACING COMMUNITY

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: TRAGIC LOSS TO THE AMERICAN RACING COMMUNITY
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 16:04:46 EDT
       I  just now heard the tragic news of the loss of the fourth generation
rising star
of the Petty racing family, young Adam Petty, in racing practice today at New
 Hampshire International Speedway here in New England .   Adam was only  19
years old and the heir to the Great Petty Dynasty , which has been such a
great
part of Nascar oval track racing for as far back as most of us can remember  .
      This loss comes closely behind the passing of  Adam' s great
grandfather,
Lee,  the patriarch of this best known American racing family  .
      I  know every member of this land speed list joins with me in extending
our deepest sympathies and prayers to the entire Petty family .