Re: Shut down.... Hey TOM

To: ardunbill@webtv.net,
Subject: Re: Shut down.... Hey TOM
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 09:40:58 -0400
interesting theory except for one little problem....does he have a 2
stroke or does he somehow have a 4 stroke with no exhaust stoke??? 50%
of all the cycle have no significant amount of pressure above the piston
... to even further complicate this theory peak pressure is 17 or so
degrees after tdc....so the loads then are pushing down no keeping the
piston from going up.. There are lots of reasons for engines to explode
this is not really one of them..  Cars run the 24 hrs of daytona and
this is not really an issue as they are on and off the throttle
endlessly. I am sure i have seen many more engines fail mid run than
during shutdown. I am also not real sure i would want to remove all G
and the practice..if the engine blows up at the end of a run i might
rather suspect the car had a 4 mile oiling system and attempted a 5 mile
pass and the owner was rewarded the inevitable blown up engine...
Dahlgren