Metal Working Course

To: Land-speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Metal Working Course
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 07:26:15 +0000
List,

This past weekend, I was able to attend two metal working courses put on
by Ron Covell at Craig Naff's Shop in Woodstock, Va..  Ron Covell, known
as "Professor Hammer", has been giving metal working instructions for
many years and writes a column for Streetrodder magazine. He has built
many cars and motorcyles, one of the best know was the "California
Star", a roadster for Don Varner that won the Oakland Roadster Show.
Craig Naff worked for Boyd Coddington for 2 1/2 years, building the
Caddy known as Cadzilla for ZZ Top Band , the Smoothster, a '32 roadster
for Boyd and a few Motorcycles for Arlen and Cory Ness.

The Courses, Advanced Steel and Advanced Aluminum, were excellent.
Neither Craig or Ron held anything back, allowing the class to tailor
the instructions to our needs. Ron is a traditional fabricator, using a
sand bag and hammer, while Craig, not even owning a bag, uses power
equipment and is know for finessing the work into shape.

Ron offers these courses in different locations around the states
including a two day "Hands On" course in his shop in Freedom, CA (
wherever that is! ). I would highly recommend these courses for anyone
interested in learning metal working or just honing existing skills.

joe