Rear steer

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear steer
From: Daniel Wright <daniel.wright@genetics.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 14:07:43 -0600
HI all
Having carefully followed the Rear steering discussion I have decided to
abandon my plans to build a blown fuel forklift for the salt.  The idea had
many positive aspects to it, such as front wheel drive, variable angle
airfoil shapes (tilt the forks), and enough weight not to require ballast
(not to mention it's engine hoisting ability in the pits!).  It would also
have been almost unusual enough to stand out among the spectacular
collection of vehicles at a Salt Flats meet.  But I have been convinced, by
the logic of this discussion, that my dream may be impractical.  Thanks for
all the input.
I would entertain suggestions on what other class of Salt racer I should
Dream of next???
May you all have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!
Dan Wright
Dept. of Human Genetics, University of Utah
dan@saltflats.com
Utah Salt Flats Racing Association
"It's amazing what you can do when you don't know it can't be done"