Memorial Day

To: land-speed list <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Memorial Day
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 07:45:19 -0700
Remembering;
Glenn "Penny" Powell who gave me rides on his shoulders so I could see the
world like grown-ups did ...  he died in the hedgerows of Normandy.
His across the street neighbor, Dee Schow who watched his best friend die
when a Kamakazi plane hit the Ticonderoga ...  he was with us but not with
us for another 40 years.
Jan Johnson, big, kind, happy, who came home in the casket without a mark on
him, but the concussion from a North Viet Namese shell had snuffed out the
life.
The others who were friends, but not such very close friends, who are among
those
we should remember and thank this day.
Wes