hot rod

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: hot rod
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 21:07:39 -0400
Was thinking the other day about some of our previously stated feelings
about the lack of LSR in Hot Rod Magazine, and how cool it was to have Hot
Rod (Will Handzel) at our May meet at Maxton. Maybe a new turn or change in
attitude that allowed this to happen.

Well just picked up a July issue and while reading through the readers
comments discovered an interesting editorial comment to one readers
disappointment on lack of coverage of Bonneville '99 and Don Vesco 's 429
MPH record. The reply "Previous management hated Bonneville and forbade us
to do stories on it,...we'll be there in 2000."  Wow, don't know who pissed
who off, or how long it's been going on, but I'm sure glad it's finally
over. Maybe Hot Rod can finally get back to its roots.

John Beckett, LSR #79