JB Weld in Intakes

To: Phillip Landry <saltracer@netscape.net>,
Subject: JB Weld in Intakes
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 07:21:57 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Phil,
I've been using JB Weld for years, and it's great
stuff.  I took the center dividers out of an
Edelbrock aluminum manifold for my old Mopar and
used JB weld to finish the shaping - it worked
fin.  I have also used it, along with several
other old motorcycle racers, to reshape intake
ports in motorcycle heads.  It works great as
long as everything was cleaned well before you
laid it in.  On the motorcycle heads, we used
Methyl Ethyl Ketone to clean it (cause we had
some from the aircraft industry in which most of
us were involved one way or another), but when I
did the Mopar I just used Acetone to clean the
surface.

To give you an idea how good it is, the first
time I used it (an old man down the street told
me this would work), I had a flathead jeep 4cy
with a rod through the side of one cylinder.  I
pulled the piston, beat the rod back straight and
welded it together, cleaned the cylinder, slopped
in JB Weld, then used a hone to "Rebore" the
cylinder.  After I put it back together I used it
for hunting for about four years and never knew
it had been broken.   Granted, a 2500 rpm jeep
four is not exactly a high performance
application - -but it absolutely amazed me that
this fix worked!

=====
......(In East Texas)........
.Hemis and Flatheads Forever.