Re: 16" tires

To: "Phillip Landry" <saltracer@netscape.net>
Subject: Re: 16" tires
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:57:19 -0700
Phil,

Finally got an answer for you on the tires. I spoke with Steve Batchelor &
Roy Creel. Steve is head tech, Roy is head of Vintage Class committee. They
agreed with my first thoughts about weight loading. Roy has run 11 ply 18"
motorcycle tires his streamliner that he bought from Ken Walkey after Keith
Young and I were done with it. I don't remember the exact tire though. Roy
didn't think that a high quality, speed and load rated tire would be a
problem on the front of your Mod Roadster. In case you go ahead with these
tires I would make sure you bring manufacturer's data to show that these
tires will be suitable for the application.

Dan Warner