Re: Maxton June Meet

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maxton June Meet
From: "Bill Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:13:57 -0400
Glad to hear yall made it home okay. I will say it was wonderful to
see the car come straight off the trailer and run 185 without too much
of a hitch. It was a wonderful weekend. Lots of Maxton Horsepower some
said it was like Bonneville with all the canopies blowing over. It was
great to sit around a bench race with everybody. Got alot of helpful
advice with my car. It was wonderful to see the streamliner and
lakester there this weekend. Also Keith forgot to mention that he had
a new member to the 200 MPH Club. Bruce Linsmeyer made a 216 mph run
in a beautiful turbine powered Streamliner. This liner was a work of
art with its carbon fiber body and meticulous chassis work. Even their
trailer was a work of art. They have a web site at www.avonaero.com
.And poor Wild Willy set a new record at 159.858 in his XXF/GR
roadster while disenergrating his Ardun on the same run. This earned
him the handgrenand award for the meet. Jon should have pictures of
the destruction soon as I can get them to him.

Bill