question for the flatmotor guys

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: question for the flatmotor guys
From: "John Linville" <bellytk@nh.ultranet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 20:23:21 -0400
We haven't found a wide range of plugs available for 8BA motors on fuel (14
mm, 3/8 reach).  What do other guys use?  Motor is 3 3/8 by 4, 10:1,
hilborn, vertex, straight alcohol.  Appreciate any suggestions.  We have
tried the 7/16 reach H10C and some J8C.  Plugs seemed okay but you keep
wondering if there is something better.  The Orientals out of Massachusetts
with their fuel rail claim the Champion engineers told them to use a marine
plug 821-1 L77JC4 with a 1/16" spacer.

regards, John (hey, we are putting paint on the Anglia!!!)