Re: Terminology Question...

To: Bill Bennett <benettw@earthlink.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Terminology Question...
From: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 21:52:57 -0500
OK pepol, here's the REST of the story.........
   James Watt (a fellow Brit.) saw that effort/work could be expressed
for people of his day (Horse an' cart brigade) by using the work a horse
could do as, 150x220/1. This in metrology terms is as follows.......
150 pounds imperial, (that's a British weight for those of you in
Arkansas.)lifted 220 feet in one(1) minute.
   Here follows a site you will all find both interesting and useful.
The site may take you a short while to use it's functions properly, but,
if you are an engineer,(and who isn't on this group.) this site is a
major resource, may I suggest you bookmark it.( and, YES, Rich , I did
use my 'spell chequer'. !)...........DK.

             http://www.megaconverter.com/mega2/

 but in my book pounds feet