RE: Terminology Question...History Month on BBC.

To: "'dkveuro@flash.net'" <dkveuro@flash.net>
Subject: RE: Terminology Question...History Month on BBC.
From: Jon Hobden <Jon.Hobden@rdel.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:13:47 +0100
It wasn't until I started looking it up this morning I found that they even
have a different horsepower!

A standard HP is 550 and a metric HP is only 542.5 ft lb/s.   I know in
round terms that 1 BHP is around 3/4 kW, but now European specs all seem to
talk about PS whatever they are.

Why can't people leave things alone so we can all understand them?

Jon