Packin' n movin'

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Packin' n movin'
From: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:16:22
Well I continue to get stuff packed for the first of the move loads on or
about July 21st. While waiting around, I decided to put the race car on
it's own wheels. Wow, this puppy looks mean and agressive! But what a bear
to put the tires/wheels on. No 16 second pit stops here! Even though the
rear is tubbed I kep the stock fender shapes/openings. Because of this I
wound up taking the panhard bar off as well oas the lower coil over mounts,
just to let the rear end down enough to fit the tires into the wells. Of
course, here is Madison, Alabama it was cool while I was doing this, yeah
right. Thought I would have a heart attack. The after the first fitting,
the panhard bar pushed the rear over such that the left wheel rubbed on the
fender. So off with the panhard bar, cut 1/2 inch from it, and screw it in
almost until it bottomed out (almost). Now the car body is biased a little
towards the right side (less clearance). This is ok I think because as the
car picks up weight (me), water, battery, it will settle a little more and
reduce the clearance on the left side. It now looks like I have some
additional frame work to do. The rear cross member is straight accross the
car and may interfere with the drive shaft a little. SO I'll have to weld
in one of those loops ti increase clearance.

Never ends....

Has anyone made their hotel reservations for speed week yet? My kid and I
want to come up for the week...

mayf(packin 'n grinnin')

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
ph: 1-256-837-1051

http://home.hiwaay.net/~lemay

lemay@hiwaay.net

Sunbeam Tiger, B9471136
Sunbeam Alpine Bonneville Land Speed Racer,
'66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)