GLAD YOU GOT TO MUROC !!!

To: fosterap@flash.net
Subject: GLAD YOU GOT TO MUROC !!!
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:12:15 EDT
       Jerry,  Just read your post on making the Muroc meet ........ good for
you !
    I' ll bet you had a great time, and made some new friends and created some
good memories for future recall ......  I  know I have at the four Speedweeks
and
one El Mirage lakes meet that I was fortunate enough to attend  ........
Darrell and I were all set up to go in  97 or 98 ( not sure which without
looking it up )
and the rain from El Nino (sp) moved the meet ahead a month or more , so  I
missed that, but we spent that day at the Half Moon Bay Airport, at a great
car show and
old engine meet, where they even had old steam engines ....... a true
steamroller
and some engines from early day Northern California logging operations .
Kinda
neat to hear the sounds of steam whistles at a modern day car show  .........
sound that always thrilled me back in the 30s / 40s / 50s !     Big time
nostalgia
for me, and some other greybeards there that day, also  .
      Of all the great cars I saw that day, my particular favorite was that
VERY
LOW  orange 788 liner built by our fellow list member  Jack Costella
It sure appears to be the right approach to cheating the wind  !!!
      If you get a chance, send us some more highlights from the Muroc meet .
Looking forward to meeting you and many others in Utah this August ........
      Bruce,            a ways north and east of ya  ........
   ( Maybe  Muroc will be on my schedule for 2001 ....... hope so !  )