Re: Olds quad four query

To: bellytk@nh.ultranet.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Olds quad four query
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:45:58 EDT
         John,  I can' t recall what those little powerhouses came in .......
but I
believe one in a racecar held the all time ultimate  CLOSED COURSE  record
speed for a while ........ it was at that huge circular test track in Texas
( there' s
a point of pride for  Skip,  Dick J,  and  Jerry F  !!!  )    Not certain,
but seem to
recall that the driver was  AJ  .........    Wonder what  Ed Vette Scoy would
run
if they turned him loose out there  ???     That record was formerly held by
the
late Lee Roy Yarborough in a carbuereted hemi mopar ,  and before that in a
winged  Indy type car built by Bob Osiecki and driven by big Art Malone, who
was
a roundy round driver before  Don Garlits put him in his Swamp Rat rail after
Don got burned in one of the first blower explosions at  Chester, SC somewhere
around  1959 .    I  didn' t answer your original question, John , but you
got a
free bit of oval / drag trivia there  !      Good seeing you at the drag
reunion last
week, and meeting your pal Reggie ........ he's got some great nostalgia drag
cars, for sure, and saved the day for our buddy  Jack Brady by repairing that
part for his Fiat coupe ....... it got him two more rounds and he turned his
best
ever times !     When you take your grandkids for ice cream in your miniwagon,
come on down here to Connecticut and I' ll treat ........ in exchange for a
ride
in that little bomb !!!     See ya at the East Htfd show  ........
                               Bruce