Re: 4july

To: john@engr.wisc.edu, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4july
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:31:33 EDT
        John,  a big Thank You to both you and your son for sharing this very
interesting posting with all of us on this list .   One sentence stands out
from all the rest, in my opinion :   " Some of us take these liberties so
much for granted,  but
we shouldn' t . "   This, unfortunately, is all too true . Reading these
paragraphs    brought to mind a quotation that I have read several times in
years past .  This is
not an exact quote,  but it gets the message across :
    "  Those who forget the lessons of history are destined to relive them  "
We all need to realize how very fortunate we are to live in this land of
freedom
and plenty,  and that  MANY people made the ultimate sacrifice in  MANY
conflicts to ensure this freedom and lifestyle to their fellow  Americans .
The
very least we can do is to honor what they did on  Memorial Day  and  the
Fourth of July  .    Thanks again for sharing the fate of these patriots and
founders of our great country  .
      Damned proud to be an American, and to be able to fly an American Flag
in front of my home this weekend  !!!
                                         Bruce D Ferguson