Re: Yet More Fuel Questions

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Yet More Fuel Questions
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 14:30:00 -0700
Dick,
I don't have much experience with carburetors in the racing arena, but
the only difference between alky & gas is the amount of fuel needed, the
carburetor size (CFM) would depend solely on the size of the motor. As a
rule of thumb you will need almost double the volume of alky compared to
gasoline. With the injection, Kinsler says approx. sixteen percent more
jet for each ten percent of nitro. I think things get complicated much
more quickly with the carburetors. Besides jetting, air bleeds, dump
tubes, etc. come into the picture. Definitely a question for a fuel carb
guy.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC