Re: Ask The Man Who Owns One - - - OR FOUR - - -

To: V4GR@aol.com, landspeedracer@email.msn.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ask The Man Who Owns One - - - OR FOUR - - -
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 15:34:49 EDT
        Rich,  the last time I saw a PACKARD race was when we went to our
first
National Drag Championship at Indianapolis Raceway Park ..... back in  1962
!!!
        Dave Koffel from Ohio had his famous " Flintstone Flyer ", a huge
Packard sedan running in the gas classes ..... as I recall, he took the
trophy in his class .
   The reason it ran so well :  a screaming small block Chev under the hood
!!!
I think Koffel is still building powerhouses today  ....... MoPars and oval
track
mills are his specialty, somebody told me  .
     Come to think about it ....... when I visited your shop in March, of all
the motors
you had lying around, and on stands   .......  I don' t recall any Chevrolets
 .......                 ......  can' t  ANY engine go fast with  ENUFF  time
and money in it  ......... ???
     That Brand New Packard looked pretty rugged  .   Could the lower end take
a blower and a healthy slug of  NITRO  ???        Whatta ya got to LOSE ?
                  BDF