Re: salt report?

To: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: salt report?
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 07:06:40 -0700
This a report that appears on the USFRA Page:
News from the Salt Flats as of July 17, 2000.

 The Speedweek courses have been switched to have the long course on the
West side and the short course on the
 East side of the salt. This will provide better visibility of the
faster cars to the spectators along the mountain side of
  the courses. Courses overall are located about a mile or more farther
West overall than last year. There are 7+
 miles of smooth and relatively dry salt for this time of year that is
very white and hard. When initial dragging of the
  courses was started, workers commented that the area was basically
runable as is without dragging. If weather
  conditions continue as they are now, the World of Speed could have 8,
9, or more miles of very high quality race
     course in September. Anyone planning on running this year should
make sure they have their entries in..

?Tom,, Redding CA - #216 D/CC