Pete Robinson rememberd

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Pete Robinson rememberd
From: William McIntyre <acromac@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 20:10:00 -0800
Greetings to the list
In 1959,two friends and I ran a C/GAS  40 ford SBC at the national
championship drags at Detroit.Pete was there running his gas dragster
with a water injector device to retard detonation.They told him that
he couldnt run the device in top gas(why I dont know)Pete was a
brilliant engineer,years ahead of us "back yard"racers.In the early
60's,he ran the air jacks on his car,again being years ahead of his
contemperaries.My recolection of his demise was that at Pomona,his
"ground effects devise" became dislodged and loaded the chassis
asemmetrically causing the machine to veer off course and thru the
fence.Please correct me if my memory is incorrect.Pete was a quiet
gentleman,always thinking,and his death was a great loss to
dragracing.
Bill McIntyre,
--
Bill McIntyre