Project Report

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Project Report
From: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 23:27:22 -0600
List,

Just got back from South Dakota from a weekend of working on the Team
Amo bike.
Joe had the major part of the project done. Let me say its one slippery
piece this year. We got some tuning done on the Lectron carbs, not a
real big process just timely. Got to run the bike on the street to get
some miles on the motor, and ill I can say it wow. Still needs a few
things, worst of all we drove it around today and before we knew it a
oil pressure line blew, luckily when it blew we were already at our
destination, so Joe will have to get a new line made this week, better
home than bonneville. Whats will the oiling problems heh John Beckett?
haha,
Got some pictures ill update on the Team Amo site
http://www.landracing.com/teamamo of our new lectrons and nitrous setup,
but as for the body of the bike, I am forbidden to post any pictures of
it, Joe wants to wait until bonneville to reveal our new setup, its
pretty damn nice though. With the Sturgis Ralley going on it adds a
population of 600,000 to about the normal 100,000 with surrounding
communities so, the bike was a real head turner, litteraly.
When It came time for my ride on the bike, I took it real easy shifting
through the gears, Joe pulled up next to me and pointed to the side of
the road, O SHIT, I though something was wrong. He just stated your
shifting to early, hit the rev limiter,  set to a modest 10 grand, he
said. OK, I wasnt about to argue.
Took the bike from the side of the road first chance I got, hit the
throttle a few times to get comforatable, passed a few harleys, who had
there bodies turned around before I got there to see what the hell was
coming towards them, still in first gear I just gave the throttle a hard
twist, O MY GOD.
Still traveling came up to a car that had four bodies in it, I just
tucked and twisted the throttle felt the front end coming up a little,
hit second gear and got into the pulling power band, aaaa felt soo damn
good. There wasnt enough highway for me I wanted to keep going but my
exit came, came off and there was about a mile and a halt straighaway
with no one on it, so I just put it on, it pulled so nice and smooth,
very very enjoyable. So with that it made me decide that Im not working
at all on the 10th, im leaving in the morning of the 10th to get there
sooner. Joe will be coming into wendover around 6-7 am on Friday.
So if anybody is coming early to the salt Ill be camped out at the bend
Thursday  night, Im traveling by myself so If your around stop by and
chat Thursday night.
Dont forget to check out the new pictures on Team Amo site will be
posting them as soon as Im done writing this email.

Jonathan Amo
www.landracing.com