Looking for parts

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for parts
From: "John Linville" <bellytk@nh.ultranet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 08:07:19 -0400
hi all, congrats to all those who were at Bonneville and so ably represented
ECTA.  Super Job!  My son teaches welding at the local high school votech
and is putting a nostalgia drag car together in his classroom.  Good "eye
candy" to get the boys interested in coming to class.  The high school type
votechs are a magnet for a lot of kids that don't want to go to school and
figure this is the lesser of two evils.  Trick is to motivate them and teach
them a trade they can make a living at when they graduate (hopefully).   I
have a couple of pics of the project if anyone is interested.  Didn't want
to clutter the list and attach them for all.  We are looking for the
following:
        a stock pinion yoke (10 spline) and u-bolts for early Olds rear
'49-56
        rotors to fit Cragar  hats that mount with five bolts on a 6 1/4 "
bolt circle (solid 1/4" rotor)
        Chevy SB manifold for four three bolt carbs
He has raided my garage for most of his parts (on a loaned basis however)
such as an Eelco fuel tank, Schieffer flywheel, old Ansen cast aluminum two
part blowshield that says "NHRA approved" on it, the narrowed rear which had
a direct drive coupler hence the need for the yoke.  He will run a shortened
second/high gear manual trans.  Nostalgia drag racing is big here as we live
about two miles from New England Dragway and they run two big events a year.
Appreciate any responses.  Oh by the way, the Anglia project continues.  We
have the motor and trans in the car now.  Aluminum interior is in, seat,
belts, steering, body being prepped for paint.  This fall will be plumbing
and all those final little details that take a long time.  We won't make
Maxton this year (again) but can't see why we won't be there in 2001.

regards, John