Re: Tires and Nitrogen

To: DrMayf@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tires and Nitrogen
From: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 20:03:21 -0700
Mayf; Roundy round racers used nitrogen in their tires for years
because that is what you run your air guns on for pit stops. So you
always had a bottle or two around the shop or pits. Nascar does not
allow air bleeders on the wheels, so we found out that nitrogen will not
build up pressure under heat near as much as air.
                Doug Odom in big ditch