RE: Re: Wendover Weather

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Subject: RE: Re: Wendover Weather
From: wspotter@jps.net
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 08:25:42 -0700
--- Original Message ---
ARDUNDOUG@aol.com Wrote on
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 11:10:54 EDT
 ------------------
In a message dated 09/10/2000 7:50:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

websters@pyramid.net writes:

<<

 To everyone,

 Has anybody heard how the salt is for World of Speed?  There
was rain in
 Salt Lake but I don't know if it hit the salt.

 Keith, are you going to make World of Speed.  I have something
for you and
 will give it to you then, or if you aren't going to make it
sent me your
 address and I will mail it to you.

 Rick, I hope my reply to your new member message worked.  If
not welcome
 aboard.  The people on the list are very knowageable and all
true racers.
 Everyone helps everyone else with questions etc.  Hope to see
you if you
 make World of Speed.

 Dan Webster  # 313

Dan,
    I've been watching the Wendover weather daily on the Internet
Weather
site as well as the local doppler and satellite stuff and there
hasn't been
any precipitation to speak of since before Speed Week that I've
seen.
    Salt Lake City gets a lot of weather from the south that
seems to miss
Wendover. The Wasatch Mountains just east of SLC also cause some
"upslope"
cloud formation and the resulting precip..............Ardun Doug
King, #1313
XXF/MR

Doug, List,

We have people dragging the salt today.  The word as of last
Thursday was;  salt is dry from the end of the access road to
the Speed Week starting area ( that will be the WOS pit area)
and the course is dry down to around the five mile.  There are
some small puddles there but nothing lilke the traditional pond
that drifts over the salt most years.  Unless we get a real downpour,
we should be in great shape for World of Speed.  We will use
the two east speedweek long courses.  Larry Volk said the course
on the left is junk ... his word ... but he drove well beyond
the seven and things looked good other than the dampness at the
five.

Wes Potter  Secretary, USFRA

PS...  yes, I'm back on line.  Can't say enough good things about
www.mailstart.com when you are retreiving two months of back
e-mail.

-----