Loss of a Pioneer of Early Hot Rodding

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Loss of a Pioneer of Early Hot Rodding
From: Drylakercr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 19:00:12 EDT
Since I hadn't already read the news of the passing of Kong Jackson on the
list I thought I would break the sad news. He passed away Monday (9/4)
leaving behind his 8 children, 14 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren
along with many friends.

My dad attended his funeral today with many other racers, He said it was
conducted in just the manner Kong would have wanted with all of his racing
buddies and families recalling stories of times happily remembered.

Kong began racing in 1938, I believe, at the Dry lakes. He owned Kong
Engineering which many of you, I am sure, are familiar with. He served in
both WWII and the Korean War.

We will miss him at the lakes. I will miss sitting between him and Alex
Xydias at the Sidewinder banquets listening to them talk about the early days
of Hot Rodding.

God Speed, Kong--

Katie Young Cortez