IT'S ALIVE

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: IT'S ALIVE
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 18:55:32 -0500
Well the Damn thing isn't a Pipe Dream after all... WOW what a Major Pain in
the Butt...

It's Got Great Oil Pressure... Reasonable water Temps... and No Time on
it... had a couple of small leaks and last min things to finish up... Got
the Dyno Guy FINALLY... seems the Town of Headland Had Phone Problems
yesterday.... WAY COOL....  So our Hero the operator runs off to an auction
and Leaves no one there cause they can't talk on the Phone anyway... HMMM
ain't that Grand...

As for the motor... Yeah it's a little better sounding then the last one...
Okay... ALOT better...now to keep it alive long enough to get to the Dyno
and the WOS.... The Delays Yesterday are simply going to Prevent coming to
El Mirage... But I would like to thank a couple of folks who almost made
that happen for me.... Doug Odom who got me into the Gold Coast Roadsters in
a DAY... Thanks... ( Doug also spected this motor to me last Year)

and Glen Barrett who absolutely Tried to get me into the Gear Grinders...
same thing... Oh and Dan Warner...who thought I was brain dead enough to
join the Side Winders... ( Look it's my understanding that they can't make a
Beer Bad enough they won't drink it...)

Dave who has handled the Last Min Calls on some of the little stuff... like
finding the Dyno in the Middle of nowhere to help us out...

Anyway Now I am going to chill a bit and swap the gears out and get it ready
for the WORLD of Speed...

Keith