Re: parachutes

To: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Subject: Re: parachutes
From: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 07:40:38 -0700
Scott; You need to talk to the chute manufactures first. You need to
tell them the weight and speed of your car. They have years of
experience to help you. #1 the car does not whip or move around if the
chute is the correct distance behind the car. It also has to be mounted
at the correct height for you wheel base so it does not try and lift the
rear end up when it deploys. #2 a big chute on a light car going fast
will pop your eyes out when it hits. Another reason to be sure you have
the right size chute.
                        Doug Odom