NO SNOW

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: NO SNOW
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:29:18 -0500
Nope didn't hit snow... Less you count the white spots floating in front of
my eyes....

Dave and I kicked back at the Hotel and made the decision that the weather
looked better to the south... Besides I HATE SNOW...

The World of Speed was outstanding... Great event... put on by a hole new
Group of folks that I have met in passing but got to spend some time with...

Dave of course Tuned the car Masterfully... only to be let down by the
equipment ...  Broke a Valve seat in a Junk set of Heads ( and Yeah he told
me they were JUNK LONG AGO... but what were my choices... run them or stay
home! )   Best looking 6 plugs I have ever had come out of a Motor... the
other two were dead from water and lack of compression... and we still
averaged 228 mph in the fourth mile with the highest speed somewhere in the
230's on a 230 record....  I shut it down somewhere around the 3 3/4 mile
when the windshield got impossible to see out of....  ( yeah I know Dave...
Sniveling)

Lots of stories here... just gotta quit rocking from the ride.. I learned a
Ton on the Trip... sure glad I went...

I want to say a Special thank you to Dave Dalgren... Ed Van Scoy and Larry
Mayfield... as well as Joe and Jon Amos.... Everyone was there helping me
run the car... to include the ECTA Boys...   I think they were as
disappointed as I was that the Season was over for me at Bonneville....  it
was a Game effort on our Part... bout all I can say right now about it....

Keith ( who Loved his Hogan heads till they cost us a record)