Re: Little Toyota Hemi

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, owner-land-speed@autox.team.net, V4GR@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Little Toyota Hemi
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:09:11 EDT
Aw now Dick, you done hurt mah feelin's, you weren't listening.  That Toyota
V-8 hemi is called a 4V, it is an all aluminum pushrod V-8.  It is a little
bit bigger than 2 liters.  They were not exported to the US, they came in a
Japan only car called a Crown, about the size of a '68 Buick Wildcat.  They
were backed by an automatic transmission and I still have most of mine in the
garage and have most of the pieces of an overhaul gasket set I got with it.
A business associate sold it to me complete with the transmission for $350
but this was in '85, at that time I could have gotten as many as I wanted
with tranny for that price.  I can tell you a lot about one of these engines
if you are interested in them.  All 4V's came with a 4 barrel carb, if it has
injection then this is a 4VE.  The 4V family has been out of production for a
while but I might still be able to get ahold of some.  Just FYI.

        Mike