One for Keith Turk

To: "List Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: One for Keith Turk
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 10:15:41 -0700
While practicing auto-rotations during a military night training
exercise a Huey Cobra screwed up the landing and landed on the tail
rotor. The landing was so hard that it broke off the tail boom. However,
the chopper fortunately remained upright on its skids, sliding down the
runway doing 360s.  As the Cobra slid past the tower, trailing a
brilliant shower of sparks, this was the radio exchange that took
place...
Tower: "Sir, do you need any assistance?"
Cobra: "I don't know, Tower, we ain't done crashin' yet."
Jim in Palmdale