going faster

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: going faster
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 10:13:38 -0600 (MDT)
 Here comes another one of my questions,
In July I ran my car for the first time ever as a land speed car at Maxton
and went 170 mph in the mile which was a great experience. Now I want to go
faster, of course . My question is kind of difficult to answer as there are
so many variables involved but I'm hoping some of you will take the time to
share  your stories with me. What I want to know is what did you do with
your cars after that first run to up your mile an hour significantly ? What
did you end up spending roughly to achieve this increase and how long did it
take ? It is a long winter and I'm planning my attack on Maxton for next
year.