USFRA thanks

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: USFRA thanks
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 11:36:48 -0700
List,

Just a note of thanks for  those who were at World of Speed from everyone at
the USFRA monthly meeting last night.
We couldn't have put the race on without all of you.
THANK YOU for your participation.
The help we received from everyone in setting things up and tearing them
down was very much appreciated.  To be able to put on a meet like this with
the small local core of workers would be impossible without the additional
help from all of those who volunteered or pitched in when asked.
The national exposure for the racing bar stools was incredible.  Several of
the full course cars were picked up in the background of the Fox Network
story.  It was shown locally here on Channel 13, then regionally and finally
it was on the national feed.  I have been told that people saw the 90 second
bit three and four times.  Not bad when you consider the competition we had
from that little party in Australia at the same time.  BBC television also
showed clips from the event.
Since being featured in Hot Rod, I can't wait to see Keith Turk being
interviewed by Stacia on the ABC TV program, Adrenaline TV ... it shows at
1:00 PM on Saturdays.  Their time on the salt should show in two or three
weeks according to the producer.  Also, the two photographers and writers
from bike publications will be doing stories on the Harley guys at Boneville
in the near future.  Gearhead Magazine should be doing a nice coverage as
well.
Should be fun.
Hope we see all of you on the salt next year.

Wes Potter  Secretary, USFRA