Re: QuadroRhomb

To: <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>, <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <edvs@uswest.net>,
Subject: Re: QuadroRhomb
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:52:38 -0500
Bruce.... I couldn't have said it better myself.... WELL cept the comments
about me.... ( he don't know it but I am going to kick him in the shin next
time I see him)(pssst.. don't tell him)

Crazy Stuff... been to two worlds fairs.... a Harley Meet and a Goat Screw
and never seen anything like this here White Elephant of a Motor... and old
Blue hair in that Parking lot.... Both hands wildly waving....

Keith.... ( Hey I share... Come on guys this is just a group of Friends...
I know none of you would be quiet if we were standing around drinking a
Beer.... I even Got Don to tell us something's he learned on his first
outing.... Yeah ED his Name is going to be in the Record book... you might
want to check the Muroc Section next Year... bet there is going to be a
Turk somewhere!!!... hey and I got the electrifying Blue Hat to Prove
it....)( now Dan about sticking the rollcage in the Vette... door Panels on
or off?...)

----------
> From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
> To: lsr_man@yahoo.com; edvs@uswest.net; DrMayf@aol.com
> Cc: landspeedracer@email.msn.com; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: QuadroRhomb
> Date: Thursday, October 12, 2000 3:27 PM
>
>       Dick J.  You hit the nail on the head  !!!   It is a gorgeous day
out
> there , and
> here I am typing pure nonsense on this electronic marvel ....... shame on
me !
>       Right after this reply I' m going out in my shop ...... among some
> fifty years
> of automotive treasure ( my wife calls it junk ...... EXCEPT  for  HER  '
66
> Mustang
> tucked off in a corner ) I have somehow accumulated, and can' t bear to
part
> with
> ...... and try to make some order out of chaos !   Really fun when you
find
> parts
> and stuff you haven' t seen in thirty or forty something years ......
from
> cars you
> haven' t owned for the same time frame !   Good exercise, too !  Moving
> engines and trannies and piles of steel sure beats sitting and typing on
this
> ' puter .
>       Thanks for bringing me to my senses ...... but it is fun to be a
little
> foolish
> once in awhile, ' specially at my age, and I certainly do  ENJOY all the
> varied
> and interesting stuff that comes to my house via this list ....... in
fact we
> sent
> off a check to Mark Bradakis today, as a slight thank you for all that
this
> list
> has meant to me ...... from new friends I have met already as well as
some I
> am looking forward to meeting ....... to all the interesting technical
stuff
> that I
> read with great interest, that adds to my fifty year automotive library /

> magazine
> collection, which must be worth a sizeable fortune judging by the prices
that
> they sell for on eBay !
>       If you got a chuckle out of my ramblings ...... all was not lost !

> Like our
> very good natured friend Keith,  I realize there are many people on this
list
> with
> interesting experiences / tales / tribulations / and just plain fun
stories
> that they
> could share with us ....... at least once in awhile .    The  TOTAL
amount of
>  TIME  SPENT  building / tuning / racing different types of cars, and
being at
> racing events, by the collective membership of this list, must be
STAGGERING,
> indeed !!!    How about some of the LURKERS out there sharing some of
their
> memories and experiences from days n' years gone by  ???   How about some
of
> us relating some of the strangest ...... or funniest ...... things we
have
> witnessed,
> or been part of ....... in the past, involving racing, or just cars in
> general ?   I
> would bet every person on this list has at least a few good ones  .......
and