Re: rev kits

To: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Subject: Re: rev kits
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:26:15 -0700
Larry,

Where in Missouri do you reside. I grew up near Rockport in the
northwest corner of the state.

My first Chevy motor had a Chet Herbert cam, a good performer, but we
eventually went to an Isky flat tappet, then Crane roller, and I now run
a Competition Cam roller. I have run rev kits in the past, they do make
a lot of sense, with a rev kit you can run less spring pressure on the
valve. For some reason I quit using a rev kit, but I have just installed
a new kit.

After the World of Speed, upon inspection of the engine, I found that I
had lost the intake guide seal on #6 cylinder. (We had installed valve
spring pockets to keep the springs more stable after Speedweek because
valve seals were broken up.) Upon further inspection, it was noted that
the valve spring retainer had been clobbering the guide which simply
meant valve float. So we will see if it helps at the Lakes in November.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC