SCTA/BNI volunteers

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: SCTA/BNI volunteers
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 07:13:22 -0700
One thing Dave Haller didn't mention is that the C/GAlt class he is running
is the record I set at El Mirage to get into the 2 club - many thanks to the
KKM Monza team for that opportunity.

In light of all the thanks to the volunteers who put on the race meets from
the list I find myself being humbled. When I raced with Katie's dad many
years ago he said we should put some time back to the sport. I haven't been
able to stop since then. The thing that keeps me going is the enthusiasm of
the participants and their quest of a dream. You would not believe the calls
I still receive from new comers who state that they always wanted to this,
but have not had a chance to until now. Some are a part of our list, right
Dick J?

These meets would not happen if it were not for a core group of hard
working, need-for-speed junkies. From course prep, through the race itself,
on to tear down these people just keep doing it. The behind the scenes
pre-race and post-race work requires an incrediable amount of personal
hours. I don't know of any other race organization of our scope that also
has officials campaining a race vehicle while administrating the event. I
like to say that our events are put on by racers for racers.

Thank you to all who have written such kind words in the last couple of
days, I know I speak for everyone who is there to help you go fast and be
safe at the same time. Remember, if you didn't come - we wouldn't be there.

Dan(with really red cheeks)Warner