New SAE Motorsports web site

To: "Landspeed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: New SAE Motorsports web site
From: "\"LandSpeed\" Louise Ann Noeth" <lanspeed@west.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:49:27 -0700
Because you have a need for speed, or you just know me, here's a
"heads up" on a new motorsports web site sponsored by the Society of
Automotive Engineers (SAE). It is still being expanded, but It is
worth a peek.

I am writing a monthly column for the site, the first one is already
posted and they were kind enough to make a page to buy the Bonneville
book.

This site, as well as the section within the organization, is new to
SAE. The idea behind it is to become more involved in the motorsports
community, especially by giving the engineering membership a chance to
assist the racing community where ever they can. It's all rather new
and they are still "making it up as they go along," but I believe you
will find this effort to be worthy of some attention.

If you are a racer with a particularly vexing problem, or just one who
might like to bounce some ideas off real, live, slide-rule thinkin'
engineer, then you might really get some benefit from visiting the
site.

Here's a link to my historical article on Bonneville
http://www.motorsportsengineering.sae.org/jsp/jsps/motorsports.jsp

Here's a link to the buying the book
http://www.motorsportsengineering.sae.org/motorsports/b1b.htm

Speedy Regards,