Re: Interesting Story...

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting Story...
From: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:15:49 -0700
The story is true and it was Jim Lindsley that had  a twin engine modified
roadster allowed at that time. Only it was a Chrysler. Jim is a charter member
of the Gear grinders and SCTA. As I recall he got into the Then Grant 200mph
club because of it. This is the only story I know is true. However Tom Beatty
did use his push truck engine to set records and put back in the truck to tow
the broken racer home. And folks, that the way it was in the 50s
Glen (who was lucky enoughto be there.)